Saturday, October 21, 2006

Mid October in the Tropics

Another two weeks have passed. The month of Ramadan is almost over. The big celebration will be this Tuesday and Wednesday. Meanwhile the whole world is celebrating and traveling HOME! It is like Christmas in the states and Chinese New Year in China. Soo there is NO teaching, but tons of preparation for the following weeks. All my teaching, university, seminary, m. elementary schools, and all modules plus a the community baking class and a possible special Study will resume or begin.

The rains still have not come -soo the 95 degrees with high humidy has little respite. I just MELT and shower and Melt again:)

The food here still intrigues me and I am going to try and show a few more foods, especially the fruits. I really do enjoy the food -- but I have always loved to try NEW foods and cultures.

OK -- lets look at papaya:) This is the way they grow --THEY ARE HUGE. I have cut one to show you what they look like in comparison to a pineapple. (Oh the pineapples are also DELICIOUS:)

I am afraid I will only be able to upload one or two photos. They take almost 30 minutes to load with my slow dial up. However, maybe this will give you a little idea of what they look like both growing and in the process of preparation.. I love papaya and eat maybe two a week:)

I will share more next time --
Until them == enjoy AUTUMN for me and I'll eat Papaya, mango, pineapple for YOU:)


I'd love to hear from you! I do get a bit lonely in my free time. My Indonesian is not progessing well -- soo I still am depending on YOU a GREAT deal:) We are a team and I love to know you are there for me:)

Blessings in HIS Name forever and always

bonnie (bonniesteinborn2@yahoo.com or bonniesteinborn@gmail.com )

3 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

Good morning Bonnie. We shall enjoy autum for you in return for your savoring the flavors of Indonesia for us. I can just about taste the fruit from your description.

The colors here are beautiful this week with sunshine to show them off. I'll be posting some fall pictures on my blog soon so if you need to see red leaves you can visit me there.

The festivities sound very interesting and fun to experience. I imagine the people are also very interesting. Are you making friends? When you have time, tell us about the people you have met in your work.

7:43 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Bonnie-dear,
I like your blog and photos! Thank you for keeping in touch with us in the States...I know we're not always great about writing, but know that I, at least, do think about you. It sounds like you're doing really well and God is blessing you with an abundance of delicious tropical fruits---I'm sooo hungry for them! If you can, I'd appreciate you sending some through email for me. : )

Life in great in Corvallis--OSU is amazing--the Lord is daily teaching me, DAILY! Such a diff. environment compared to GFU, but it's good for me to get out of my comfort zone and let Him show me His provisions in words and speech. I'm blessed even though it's been a bit crazy with grad school and how quickly a week goes by.

I've found an amazing church and they have a Young Professionals (YP) life group that's wonderful, plus they are about raising up the next generation-which is incredibly important.

I'm sorry to not write you more, I need to send out an update, but first I need time to reflect myself!

Loving what you are doing, you are such an inspiration to many. You're a great reminder to not get into a rut b/c God may just lift us out of our daily comforts and send us to make disciples.

love always, shell

12:24 PM

 
Blogger French said...

We have lots of fruit here in Taiwan -- dragon eyes, dragon fruit, pineapple, bananas, papaya, guava, watermelon, lychee, durian, pomelo, plus many more. That's one of the many blessings of missionary life in a tropical climate!
Blessings on you.
Bill and Marilyn French

11:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home