Saturday, March 31, 2007

"SPRING IN MALANG"


Spring is a relative term for Malang, since the only thing that has changed in the past 9 months is that the OCTOBER Rains finally arrived. With only two seasons: HOT & DRY, and HOT AND WET, East Java remains one humid, hot, sultry, but lovely place. Pictured here is my team celebrating at a weekend retreat in Batu, 45 minutes outside of Malang. You can see why I feel that except for the weather, Indonesia is a place of beauty, artistry, and wonderful people. The food is great, too. (However, in this photo I had been up all night with the flu -- but other than that it was a the lovely retreat)

I only have a bit over TWO months left for my English teaching and TESL classes. here in Indonesia. I am averaging 3 to 4 English classes during the week - 2 hours each. The teaching and all the preparation give me little time for getting Bored:) However, I am very grateful for the weekends and have had some wonderful experiences sharing with various groups, churches, and students.


I have also been mentoring two teachers at the international school. The kindergarten teacher and her class have become a delight. Here is a photo the day I taught them all how to bake cinnamon rolls and cresents. We were all in the dough and had a great time. In the background you can see my yellow canary, one of the musical delights of my life here in Malang.




One of the special events that I participated in, was a recent exchange program celebration where 13 countries from every continent were represented. I had the honor of representing the United States. It was a large gathering of over 350 people. A very impressive Moslem Univestiy hosted the event. The photo shows a few of the participants and Ibu Sri (in the green jacket next to me) who organized the entire event. It was a moment to remember for all involved.

Life is moving on quickly here and I find less and less time to write letters. I am just grateful for e-mail. However, blogging takes a bit more time than I usually have available. Nevertheless, I wanted to take this special moment to blog enough to bring you up to date.

My return ticket reads June 13 and that is coming much too quickly in many respects. I am not sure what the future holds. Maybe it will be teaching again in China, or Taiwan, or maybe even The Philippines, or just being at home in Newberg for a season. Only God knows! Therefore, on I go a day at a time praising HIM for the strength to meet each new day. The Future is HIS and I am very grateful!

I am especially thanksful for this season when we all can celebrate NEW LIFE every where in this world because of JESUS ' DEATH and RESSURECTION! :) What a joy to know that HIS Gift of Life brings hope and joy that nothing can destroy regardless of circumstances or weather. :)

BLESSED EASTER TO ALL!!! HE IS RISEN - JUST AS HE SAID!!!! :)

bonnie (bonniesteinborn2@yahoo.com or bonniesteinborn@gmail.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home